Skiing Holiday Verbier #1
I have booked a skiing holiday via Ski Tour Operator Powder White Ltd who were chosen because I could book the complete holiday online. Deciding what accommodation to choose can be difficult, so many prices and types of properties from hotels to apartments but I booked a 6 person chalet in Verbier and invited my parents to join us. This is going to be fun as my family have never been skiing before, anyway this is how this is going to go down.
- Am getting ready to go back to resort to check in and get signed off on holiday. Am flying out just after Boxing day, shame as i really wanted to try a skiing holiday during Christmas, maybe next year.
- Parents will be flying down just before new year and I have arranged a special dinner courtesy of the catering supplied by the tour operaor and got a free bottle of champagne thrown in. They even organised ski hire and ski passes so I don have to run around doing that.
- This is also my kid brothers first skiing trip, he is only 12 and completely scared, so I have also oganisesd professional skiing lessons for him to help build his conidence.
- Last part of the plan? get loads of skiing time in.
I've looked up some info about Verbier so I can plan a few activities for he family. The Tour Operator has a dedicated ski resort page for Verbier on their website with loads of info on what to do there.
- Ski Passes, essential for accessing the slopes with some allowing permission to go skiing in nearby resorts, useful in the 3 Vallees.
- Ski Hire from outdoor wear to boots and skis
- Ski School for skiers of all abilities so you can get the most out of your skiing holidays for years to come.
- Airport transfers from the airport to resort is also available
- Childcare! great my kid brother is grown up now but if he was any younger, he would be spending the evening in the chalet
- There are loads of places to eat at any time of the day at places like Chez Dany to Marmotte. Check out the other eateries online.
- Apres Ski, my favourite time apart from when I am skiing. There are bars & pubs galore from the Powder Spirit Bar to the Offshore Cafe
- Many activities are available at the ski resort from swimming & ice skatin to snow shoeing to hiking, husky rides, sledging, paragliding to heliskiing adventures. There are also places to visit such as te Place de L'Odeon to the Museum Hameau.
- And for those of you who like to shop like me, you can not only visit the usual skiing shops, but there are also premium band shops for fashion & electronics from Peak Performance to Rip Curl, Colour Club, Depeche Mode and even Bang & Olufsen.
I am already talking alot about the Verbier Ski Resort but my next post will get down to the nitty gritty of skiing free!
Tour Operator: Powder White Ltd