The Myth of the "Mountain and Water" (Shanshui) in the Traditional Chinese Art.
- Shanshui - mountain and water nature - contrasting with human society, a realm for literati.
- Philosophical framework for Shanshui - confucianism - The Analects of Confucius.
- 'The benevolent man loves mountains, the wise man loves water'. Confucius: 551BC - 479BC
- Yuan Dynasty*
- The book of Master Xun - The stars revolve, the sun and the moon, the yin and te yang.
- Du Fu (712 - 770)
- Luo Yin
- Wordsworth 1815
- Daoism - influenced chinese traditional art, poetry and literature.
- The book of Master Zhuang.
- Zong Bing (375 - 443).