The Van 3 - Transformation Part 2
So the van is really starting to look homely. We had decided to cover the shabby plastic panels with new material to make it look a bit nicer. Whilst at the mall one day we picked up some blue and white material with hibiscus flower print. Whilst I glued the material on to the panels James gave the van a good clean inside and out.
James refitted all the panels and in the process managed to slice through his finger with his pen knife.
Luckily there is only the tiniest little speck of blood on one of the panels and you can't notice it. The van looks really good with the new panels and looks like a more liveable space. At the moment I'm working on the curtain for the back window. I've sewed some of it to insert a rail through the fabric all i need to do is hem it and line it with some black material as we don't want the van to be seen as a campervan from the outside. I'll add photos once I've done that.
James had also cleaned all the oil that had leaked and he wasn't concerned that there was a problem so I became the apprentice and I did an oil change and put in a new oil filter. Check me out! I did have a little bit of help removing the bolt or whatever it is to drain the oil and unscrewing the oil filter as it was pretty tight. I was really proud of myself. Maybe I'll try one on my own car when I get home. It should have had one before I left!
We also bought some new pillowcases, a fitted sheet and cover for the bed $40 what a bargain! I don't have a photo of those as they are still in the packaging. We're not planning on putting the bed in til we actually leave canoelands as it's just an unneccesary extra weight at the moment.
That's all there is to report really on the van. I'm gaining new skills all the time. Maybe i'll move on to dancing costumes next haha I already saw some material in the shop that i'd love to make a dress from. :)