TripnTale is the best place to show off your travel   Upload Photos Now! X

Fraser Isand

Viewed: 321  

Hello Everbody,

We are now at Surfer Paradise. We have had a week on Fraser Island which was excellent but very trying.

We travelled from Kirra to Freshwater campsite on Sunday. The weather was great and made a temporary camp overnight. Packed up early Monday morning and took a track acroos to Rainbow beach where we filled up and grabbed some last minute supplies. After we had picked up our camping permits we headed for Inskip Point toget the ferry across to Fraser.

We were all very excited when we landed and headed off up the beach to our camp site. We took an inland track from Dili Village to Central Station that took longer than we thought but was very nice scenery. We arrived at the campsite in the late afternoon and set up. Then it started raining.... not normal rain, tropical rain....

Woke the next morning to more rain..... We did a little bit of exploring and went to a few lakes but couldn't really do much in the weather.

The next day we woke and went for a trip to Champange Pools. As we headed north the rain eased and in turn out to be a beautiful day. Champange Pools was a great little spot for the kids to swim. We had to race the tide back which was fun. We stopped on the way back a couple of time to see the wreck of the Mahino and Eli Creek. As we headed south back to our campsite the weather closed in again......

Next day the rain cleared for a while so we went on a bush walk to Lake Bloom. On the way we saw lots of wildlife including Dingos, Snakes and Lizards. It was very beautiful scenery. That afternoon we went to Lake McKenzie. This was the highlight of the trip for me, it was absolutely fantastic! So clear and clean.

Next day we went on a trip to Eli Creek and the kids played on floats down the creek. This was heaps of fun as well. On the way back we stopped for a beer at Urong Resort Pub. Me, Mitch and Steve had a fish in the afternoon but didn't catch anything. Got home late that afternoon and started packing stuff away in preparation to leave the next morning. Fortunately it had stopped raining long enough for most things to dry out.

Next morning we arose early to pack up to catch the 9 o'clock ferry. After a quick cup of coffee we got into the packing up. The it started raining.... I thought it had rained hard before but this took the cake. There was nothing else we could do so we just threw everything in soaking wet. The rain had slowed us up so it was a mad rush to get the ferry. Fortunately we just made it!

Went to Harvey Bay to clean the truck then said goodbye to Bob, Elain, Steve and Jackie and headed of for the Gold Coast. We came through what seemed like a 1 in 100 hundred year rain event on the way, but arrived at Surfers in sunshine...... Is there anything the Gold Coast doesn't do well? We managed to get upacked and set up before nightfall and had a dry night sleep.

Chilling out at Main Beach as I write this. Much more relaxing than on Fraser. It was a wonderful experience but as I said earlier very trying and very tiring. Hope you enjoy the photos. I post more through the week of the kids at the Theme Parks etc.

Cheers for now,



Please Login or Sign Up to comment.



The Hunter Valley Crew does Frazer

Frazer Island, Australia
Jay Jay